Door Access installation
Installing a door access system involves setting up electronic devices and components that control entry and exit to a secured area. This system typically includes card readers, access control panels, electric locks, and management software. Here are the general steps for door access installation :
Assess and plan:
Assess and plan
- Identify the doors that require access control and determine the desired level of security for each door
- Consider factors like the number of users, entry and exit points, and any specific access requirements.
- Plan the layout of the access control system, including the placement of card readers, control panels, and electric locks.
Install card readers and electric locks (EM lock)
- Mount card readers near the doors in a convenient location for users to present their access credentials (such as cards or key fobs).
- Install electric locks or door strikes on the doors that will be controlled. Ensure they are compatible with the access control system.
- Install the necessary wiring from the card readers and electric locks to the access control panels. This may include power cables, data cables (such as Ethernet or RS-485), and control cables.
- Conceal or secure the wiring to maintain a clean and professional installation.
Install access control panels
- Install access control panels in a secure location, such as a server room or locked cabinet.
- Connect the control panels to power sources and network infrastructure, ensuring proper network connectivity.
Configure access control software
- Install and configure the access control software on a designated server or computer.
- Set up user accounts, access levels, schedules, and any specific access rules or restrictions.
- Configure integration with other security systems, such as CCTV or alarm systems if applicable.
Test and calibrate
- Test the functionality of each card reader and electric lock. Ensure that users can successfully present their access credentials and gain entry when authorized.
- Verify that the access control system logs events correctly and triggers the appropriate actions, such as unlocking doors or sending notifications.
- Perform any necessary calibration or adjustment to ensure smooth operation.
Backup and redundancy
- Set up backup and redundancy measures for critical components, such as using redundant power supplies or backup batteries for uninterrupted operation during power outages.
Training and documentation
- Provide training to users or administrators on how to operate the access control system, including adding or revoking access, generating reports, and troubleshooting common issues
- Document the system configuration, wiring diagrams, access control policies, and any other relevant information for future reference or maintenance
We will comply with local regulations or requirements regarding access control systems and privacy. We will consult the manufacturer’s documentation and guidelines for specific instructions related to the door access system you are installing.